Have you ever wondered how long weed edibles last? What’s the amount of time it takes for an edible to kick in? These are all questions we hear from our customers and even other vendors on a daily basis. So, if you’ve ever wondered how long an edible stone lasts, keep reading!
What is a Weed Edible?
Weed edibles are food products that contain marijuana and allow you to experience its psychoactive effects. Cannabis edibles typically contain the chemical THC or CBD, the main active ingredient in marijuana.
- THC is the primary psychoactive ingredient of cannabis that gives you the feeling of being high and produces cognitive impairments.
- CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that can help alleviate chronic pain and other health conditions without getting you stoned.
People typically consume edibles by eating them or drinking them in a beverage. While marijuana edibles are legal in Canada, it’s important to remember that they can only be sold at licensed dispensaries like the Green Ace. It is also important to note that you must be at least 19 years old to buy cannabis edibles in Canada.
Types of Marijuana Edibles
Baked Goods. You can find a wide assortment of baked THC goods, including cookies, brownies and cakes. These are easy to make at home with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Gummies. Weed gummies are popular for those who want to eat marijuana edibles but don’t like the taste. They come in various shapes, sizes, and tasty flavours, from watermelon to sour apple, cherry or strawberry.
Candies. Weed candy can be a good option for those who want to try weed edibles but aren’t sure how they’ll react. You can find all kinds of candies, including lollipops, gummy bears and chocolate bars.
Beverages. Several beverages can be made with weed, including soda and tea. In addition, you can find CBD-infused energy drinks available at most dispensaries. Dispensaries such as the Green Ace offer a massive variety of drinks that contain just a little bit of THC and beverages with higher THC levels that will give you a more intense high.
Syrups. THC syrups are another popular way to consume edibles. You can find syrups that contain THC and other cannabinoids in them, which makes them a good option for those who want a strong dose of weed with their food or drink.
Benefits of Weed Edibles
There are many benefits to eating edibles, including:
- THC edibles can stay in your system longer than smoking or vaping cannabis. This makes them ideal for those who want to enjoy the benefits of weed all day long. Depending on edible potency and quantity consumed, you can feel the effects of edibles up to 8 hours after consuming them.
- Unlike smoking marijuana, there is less smoke in your lungs and throat.
- Edibles are easier to consume. In addition, edibles are a great way to consume weed if you’re new to smoking or vaping marijuana.
- The effects of marijuana edibles are often more intense than other types of marijuana use.
Finding the Right Dosage
If you’re a new user, we recommend starting with a low dose, as a very high dose can be overwhelming. Also, too much THC can lead to anxiety, paranoia and even panic attacks. Consider starting with one gram or less and working your way up until you find the proper dosage.
Note that tolerance levels can vary from person to person, so it’s essential to consider your tolerance level when consuming edibles. Your tolerance level will determine how much is right for you. If edibles make you anxious or paranoid, try eating food first and only consuming your edibles once your stomach is full.
As a rule of thumb, edibles are best consumed when you have a few hours to relax and enjoy. You should also be careful of the dosage in edibles, especially if it’s your first time trying them. It’s best to start with a small dose of 5 mg and wait a few hours before consuming more. It’s also important to note that edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to up to two hours to kick in, depending on how your body metabolizes THC.
This brings us to another question people often ask about edibles: How long do edibles take to kick in?
How Long Do Cannabis Edibles Take to Kick in?
With legalization, the edibles industry has exploded. Thousands of different products are now available to medical marijuana patients and recreational users, with many new manufacturers entering the market daily.
It can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours for the effects of cannabis edibles to kick in. The most important thing to remember is that edibles take longer to produce effects than vaporizing or smoking cannabis. This is because when you eat an edible, the THC must go through your digestive system before it can be absorbed into your bloodstream and begin affecting your brain.
A few factors affect how quickly you will feel the effects of cannabis edibles, including:
- The type of edible you are consuming and the amount of THC content in it. For example, brownies take longer to kick in than gummies or hard candy because they have higher fat content and slow down sublingual absorption through the mouth’s mucus membranes into your bloodstream.
- The amount of food in your stomach when you consume an edible can also affect how quickly your edible kicks in. Consuming edibles on an empty stomach means that the THC will be absorbed into your bloodstream more quickly. If you consume an edible with a heavy meal in your stomach, however, it could take longer for the effects of the THC to be felt.
- Your metabolism. Your metabolism plays a role in how quickly edibles kick in. A faster metabolism means more THC will be broken down and absorbed into your bloodstream. Slow metabolism, however, means less THC will be broken down and absorbed into your bloodstream.
- Your weight. Being overweight or obese can affect how quickly you feel the effects of an edible because fat slows down the absorption of anything—including THC!
How Long Do Edibles High Last?
An edible high can last anywhere from one to six hours. However, it’s important to remember that everyone is different, and factors such as body weight and tolerance can impact how long an edible high lasts.
Other factors that influence how long edibles high last are how much THC content is in your edible and how fast it enters your system. The longer it takes for THC to get into your bloodstream, the longer the high will last.
The length of the high from an edible also depends on the dose taken. A low dose of an edible will produce a mild high that lasts for one to two hours. High doses may last longer than six hours, but the effects tend to be more intense and can be overwhelming. So, the higher the dose, the longer it will last.
How Long Do Edibles Stay in Your System?
Weed edibles stay in your system between one and six hours, depending on the type of edible and how much you consume. Eating too much can take up to two days for all traces of THC to leave your body. In general, however, edibles will stay in your system for about 30 hours after ingestion.
The most common drug test for THC is through a urine test, which detects traces of marijuana metabolites that remain in your body after your liver has metabolized it. Oral fluid screening devices are also often used to detect drug use, and they can detect traces of marijuana in your saliva for up to 12 hours following cannabis brownie administration.
The oral fluid cannabinoid pharmacokinetics test is a relatively new method of testing for THC use. It can detect THC in your system within minutes and can be used up to 12 hours after you consume cannabis. Oral fluid cannabinoid pharmacokinetics tests are less common than blood or urine tests. Still, they’re becoming more popular drug tests among employers and law enforcement officials because they’re less invasive than blood tests.
When it comes to edibles, the effects tend to be delayed. Edible products take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes to kick in and then last for 3 to 8 hours, depending on the amount consumed, digestive health and the person’s metabolism.
Order premium edibles at the Green Ace. Green Ace offers a wide selection of high-quality weed edibles and cannabis products that can be shipped straight to your door. In addition, we offer a wide variety of gummies, beverages, chocolates, hard candies and more. If you’re new to cannabis products, we have guides and information on how to get started with edibles or other products. Shop now and save big when you buy bulk weed in Canada from the best cannabis dispensary.
Holland, K. (2020, July 20). CBD vs. THC: What’s the Difference? Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
Bulk Weed. (2022, November 15). Buy Bulk Weed Online in Canada. Available at:
Barrus, Daniel B (2016, November). Tasty THC: Promises and Challenges of Cannabis Edibles. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5260817
Daily Marijuana. (2022, November 15). Buy Weed Edibles Online in Canada. Available at:
Carter, A. (2019, August 9). How Long Do Edibles Take to Kick In? Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-do-edibles-take-to-kick-in