Cannabis and mental health have been linked to each other because of the former’s positive effects on the body and mind. Cannabis is a drug that is created from the cannabis plant. There are many ways to consume cannabis, it can be smoked or eaten. There are lots of ways on how to use cannabis. People consume cannabis for different purposes, whether for medicinal or recreational uses. Most people who use it want to relieve mental or physical symptoms. This is known as self-medication. Cannabis can make you feel better without the risk of any side effects, unlike other medications.
The effects of cannabis are felt when it goes through your bloodstream, and it will act on your brain and its receptors. This process affects your behaviour and mood. Cannabis consists of different kinds of chemicals called cannabinoids. The most well-known cannabinoids are THC or tetrahydrocannabinol and CBD or cannabidiol. The main ingredient of cannabis, also the one with psychogenic effects is THC. The more the THC content, the more “high” will be felt. The effects of cannabis are very enjoyable and it will usually last for a few hours.
Cannabis And Its Medical Uses
Medical cannabis is the use of the cannabis plant, or the chemicals in it to treat different diseases or conditions. It’s typically the same as recreational cannabis, but it’s taken for medical purposes. The plant of cannabis has more than 100 different kinds of chemicals which are known as the cannabinoids. Each of them has unique effects on the body.
THC and CBD are the main chemicals of cannabis that are used in the medical process. THC also creates the “high” feeling of users when they consume cannabis. Cannabis is one of the alternatives of users as medicine for their diseases. It is a plant that is used for relieving different types of pain-related illnesses.
There are lots of conditions that cannabis can help relieve, such as the following:
- Depression and anxiety – Anxiety disorders and depression are increasing nowadays. The main reasons are relationship problems, stressful work, and family issues. All of these combine to cause symptoms like insomnia, and headaches. Cannabis has the power to give out more endorphins. With consistent use, you can fight the issues of depression instantly. Cannabis has its strength to enhance the cognitive abilities of a person. It helps in clearing your mind with all the negativity for you to regain more control of your mental health.
- Seizures – Cannabis has anti-seizure effects on the brain and decreases the accompanying symptoms of this disorder. Those who suffer from other related syndromes can also benefit from the consistent use of cannabis.
- Improving cognitive abilities – Cannabis is great for enhancing memory. As we get older, our brain goes through a moderate progressive process. Cannabis can slow down the aging process and increase the learning power of the brain. It enhances brain development so that you can focus, learn, retain, and comprehend more. This happens due to the anti-inflammatory components in it. The result is a clearer focus and the relief of mental health issues. It enhances the cognitive abilities of the brain.
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD comes from an irritating or traumatic situation that had a severe impact on the brain. This disorder makes a person reminisce about the trauma frequently even after a long period of time. Possible treatments enhance serotonin levels. This is why cannabis gives a great help as it is known to enhance serotonin activity in the brain.
- Manages stress – Stress gives an extreme amount of pressure on our overall health. While encountering a stressful situation, the body will be in a “flight or fight mode”. This leads to an increase in blood pressure and a rapid heart rate. As a result, it will lead to the release of hormones known as the cortisol, which is the hormonal cause of stress. When you use cannabis, its components go through your bloodstream and uplifts the mood. It also promotes good appetite and increases the feeling of relaxation and calmness in the body. So, you will not be dealing with panic attacks due to your stress.
Proper rest is always needed not only for physical health but also for mental health. If you have enough rest, the nerve cells will function better, thinking becomes clearer and the thoughts become better. Although stressful conditions might disturb your sleeping routine, cannabis will give you better rest and a peaceful mind. This will increase the quality of your sleep.
Cannabis and Mental health
Cannabis can make you feel better more than usual. You may find that the colours that you see are brighter, and the sounds that you hear are nicer. The satisfying effects of cannabis are due to the ‘high’ feeling experience. Mental health is as important as physical fitness. There was a time when mental health was not given attention and not given much thought. Now that there are a lot of people suffering from mental health problems, people are looking for better solutions to stress and other causes of psychological problems. The active chemicals in cannabis may give out positive effects on mental health. The amazing benefits of cannabis in mental health can give a peaceful and happy mind.
To conclude, mental health is very important as physical health. Although physical health is also important, mental health problems are the ones that give a lot of stress to the body, thus leading to physical symptoms and diseases. There are a lot of diseases that are related to the brain, and cannabis makes a big impact by improving the symptoms of mental health problems. It is important to know how cannabis benefits your mental health so that you will have an idea of how to use cannabis as medicine. Cannabis and mental health are linked to each other due to the components of cannabis that treat different mental health problems.
For high-quality and affordable cannabis products, visit our online dispensary. You will never get disappointed with our products!